Buliding DSFML2? (64-bit Linux) (New info)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Mar 18 19:15:20 PDT 2011

On Friday, March 18, 2011 18:58:49 Sean Eskapp wrote:
> == Quote from Jonathan M Davis (jmdavisProg at gmx.com)'s article
>
> > On Friday, March 18, 2011 17:56:44 Sean Eskapp wrote:
> > > I've been trying for weeks to build the D bindings of SFML2, but
>
> with
>
> > > little success. The main issue is that I get a myriad of linker
>
> errors
>
> > > (documented at http://www.sfml-dev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?
>
> p=28345#28345),
>
> > > but I can't figure out what linking options would solve them.
> > >
> > > Can anybody shed some light on this?
> >
> > Just glancing at it, it looks like you might be missing pthreads,
>
> though that
>
> > would be pretty weird. You don't normally need to specify -
>
> lpthread. But those
>
> > symbols sure look like they're likely pthread-related.
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> I've tried -lpthread and -lm, and neither seemed to help. Is it
> possible there are platform issues, since D (to my knowledge) is 32-
> bit, and I'm 64-bit?

Well, as of dmd 2.052, if you pass -m64 to dmd, it'll compile in 64-bit on
Linux, but if you don't pass it -m64 (or if you explicitly pass it -m32), it
will compile in 32-bit. And if it's compiling in 32-bit, then you need the 32-
bit versions of whatever libraries that you're using. pthread is one of them.
So, if you don't have a 32-bit version of pthread installed, then that would
explain it.

- Jonathan M Davis