Bug w/tuple of custom types?

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Wed Mar 23 12:45:22 PDT 2011

On 2011-03-21 18:40:07 +0100, Steven Schveighoffer said:

> If you looked and couldn't find it, it doesn't hurt to add it.  Worst
> case -- it gets marked as a duplicate.

OK. Perhaps I should just start doing that, rather than asking here
about every bug I find. (I seem to come across new ones every day ;-)

> Note that typedef is eventually going to be deprecated.  I'd suggest
> using alias unless you have a need to force uints not to be castable to
> oid_t.

Ah. That sort of makes the bug a bit less relevant :->

Actually, the typedef *was* to prevent that casting, because I
inadvertently used an uint that was of a semantically different kind,
and got a hard-to-spot bug -- so I thought I'd try to prevent that by
using the type system.

Any way to do that without (to be deprecated) typedef?

--
Magnus Lie Hetland
http://hetland.org