Want to help DMD bugfixing? Write a simple utility.

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Mar 25 14:04:29 PDT 2011

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2696.1300895928.4748.digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com...
> On 3/23/11, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
>> That would require a full-blown D lexer and parser.
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
>>
> Isn't DDMD written in D? I'm not sure about how finished it is though.

I've done a little bit of playing around with DDMD for a (still only just
barely-started) project, and it seems to be fairly well up to the task of
building an AST and running semantics. It is still based on a somewhat older
version of D2, though, and my understanding is that actually building a
real-world program with it is still impractical (though I haven't tried).