object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be read

Ishan Thilina ishanthilina at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 03:28:00 PDT 2011

When I give "dmd untitled.d" command in my ubuntu maverick 64 bit laptop I get
the following error.

"
object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be read
import path[0] = /etc/../../src/phobos
import path[1] = /etc/../../src/druntime/import
"

I tried all morning to solve this problem, tried every google result I could
find. Checked the mail archive to solve this problem. But I still couldn't get
rid of that error.I anybody can help me, it would be a great help.

I followed the steps in http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/dmd-linux.html .I
first used the command "cp dmd2/linux/bin/dmd.conf /etc
" . Then I gave "sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib g++-multilib libc6-i386
libc6-dev-i386" command.

Thank you :)