Techniques on debugging runtime errors?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 17:55:11 PDT 2011

I've found the problem and the solution, see this post:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4467686#4467686

I completely forgot that the VST standard has at least two different
implementations, v2.3 and v2.4. And I've also forgot that I need to
ask the DLL if it supports calling one of two different function
implementations. The problem was I was calling a function that's only
defined in the v2.4 standard, but this vendor-specific DLL conforms to
v2.3 and didn't have it.

So luckily this wasn't such a big problem at all. Yay! :)