object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be read

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Mar 29 00:07:43 PDT 2011

On 2011-03-28 16:49, Ishan Thilina wrote:
> @Jonathan:
>
> Yeah I checked. It's there :s. I dont know what has gone wrong, but I'm using the
> default settings . I have GDC installed too. Can this have any connection with
> this problem( just a wild guess ) ?
>
> @Jacob:
>
> I wasn't sure about which libraries you were talking about. The only lib set I
> left out was ia32-libs. So I installed it too.That didn't solve the problem. So I
> tried to install the deb file by force.

To run 32bit applications on a 64bit machine you need 32bit compatible
runtime libraries, regardless if you run my installation tool or dmd
(dmd is a 32bit tool even thought it can produce 64bit binaries). I
don't know what exact runtime libraries are needed but for my tool you
need the regular runtime libraries you would need running any kind of
32bit application and 32bit version of libz.

--
/Jacob Carlborg