How To Dynamic Web Rendering?

Alexander aldem+dmars at nk7.net
Sat May 14 14:08:23 PDT 2011

On 14.05.2011 17:13, Adam Ruppe wrote:

> 1) I wrote a little program called dhp.d - write D in a PHP style.

  Not really a solution. It doesn't work like PHP/ASP do - the result cannot communicate with other pages even if you implement the caching.

  Basically, you have to implement the whole framework around this, and somehow find a way to share the data etc - which is not so trivial in D right now.

> 2) While you could do it, you shouldn't do it. This is bad form even
> in PHP. See part of my DOM template writeup for a brief on why:
> http://arsdnet.net/web.d/dom.html

  Sorry, not very convincing. There are many people and many solutions, your is not universal, unfortunately.

  When I say "not universal" - I mean simply "not everyone will like and use it" (I don't like DOM and XML, for instance - so I try to avoid them as much as possible).

  Different developers do things in different way, that's why embedding code in web-pages (PHP/ASP way) is (for some people and/or applications, at least) is more preferred or productive.

> Basically, it gets ugly, fast.

  Depends on how you do this ;)

/Alexander