How To Dynamic Web Rendering?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat May 14 21:42:53 PDT 2011

"Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
news:iqnl10$au2$1 at digitalmars.com...
> "Alexander" <aldem+dmars at nk7.net> wrote in message
> news:iqmrh6$22b0$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> On 14.05.2011 21:48, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>
>>> That's not an advantage at all. That was considered an advantage of PHP
>>> (and
>>> ASP) ages ago, but then web developers quickly discovered that was a
>>> horrible, horrible thing to do and caused nothing but terrible code.
>>
>>  *All* developers? ;) Sorry, I've to disagree - still there are way too
>> many projects where this is not considered "horrible"
>
> There's always shitty programmers out there. *Especially* in web
> development.

As an example, I once worked at a place where the code was all VB6, it was
filled with meaningless variable names like "stbbb" and "aaa", and they
frequently used the following idiom:

If {condition} Then
    {do stuff}
    Goto label
End If
{do stuff}
label:

All of that *was considered acceptable practice*. But the fact they found it
acceptable obviously doesn't change the fact that those are horrible
practices: it just meant they were a bunch of complete fucking amateur
morons. And such people are *all over* web development. Full time, with a
salary. It's pathetic, but very, very true. So no, of course not "all"
developers consider classic-style-PHP code/html-mixing to be horrible, but
the ones who actually have at least somewhat of a clue what the hell they're
doing certainly do.