How To Dynamic Web Rendering?

Alexander aldem+dmars at nk7.net
Sun May 15 14:43:23 PDT 2011

On 15.05.2011 22:53, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> That's just plain rediculous. Software development isn't some damn hippie
> commune where "There are never any wrong answers, just different opinions!

  It is. There are *many* ways to do the same thing in software, using different languages, technologies and patterns.

> There *are* better ways and worse ways to do many things.

  OK, turning 2 into 1 and vice versa, assuming X always holds 2 or 1:

  1. 3 - X
  2. X ^ 3

  Which one is better? Expand this to couple dozens of languages - which is better, which is worse?

> Despite what everyone seems to have been brainwashed into believing
> these days, not everything is a matter of personal preference or opinion.

  Sure, not everything. But software development - is. There are, sure, better and worse ways to do things, but still, there are *many* of them - on both sides.

> If some city architect  decided to make the primary structural frame of a giant high-rise out of
> wood because "I like it, and it works well for me", that stupid screw-up  would get fired on the spot,
> drummed out of the industry, and for good reason.

  Nope. There are *many* ways for architects to build. Many materials, and as long as one or another does whatever is expected from it - it works.

  This is not only about "works for me" - this is about - "works as ordered by the customer", "works as it should" and "works according to specifications".

  And surely, there are *many* ways to achieve *same* results - in many different areas, including architecture.

/Alexander