(Windows) beginner woes....

Lloyd Dupont ld-REMOVE at galador.net
Thu May 19 06:43:33 PDT 2011

1]. ok, I unzipped dmd.zip and dm.zip. what's this dm.zip for?

2]. I install Visual D, I had to point it to the DMD folder. And it did
compile my 1st D program fine... doubly wondering what's dm for?

3]. I try installed DFL. Actuall it unzipped in the worng forlder, so I
moved whateve in unpacked i the right folder. Made a form with entice
designer, copied the code in Visual D (i.e. Visual studio with support for
D) and tried to compile. It complain that "all.d" is missing. Why does it
need a source file? I though the .lib file contained all necessary info and
gone were the headers file!
+ how can I fix that?

To summarize I'm quite confused by the directory structure, where do I
install .lib file, why do I need an import directory

Also, lastly, how do I compile 32bit or 64bits? I want to target 32 bits for
sure! (even though I'm on a 64 bits machine!)