status of shared-libs on Windows?

Graham Fawcett fawcett at uwindsor.ca
Thu May 19 13:28:55 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

I've only used D on Linux so far, so I'm not clear on the current
shared-library story on Windows. Consider an existing C++ application that
can be extended by writing plugins, which are usually written in C or C++,
and compiled as DLLs. Very generally speaking, is DMD capable of producing
DLLs that could be used by such an application?

If so, should I expect runtime-related issues if I create multiple plugins
with DMD, and load them all into the app? (I recall some discussion about
runtime problems with multiple shared libs, but perhaps that was in the
context of a D program loading D shared-libs.)

Thanks,
Graham