web development in D

joe joe at studiofortress.com
Sat May 21 06:48:43 PDT 2011

I currently do most of my web development in PHP, with some work in Ruby with
RoR. Right now I'm starting to think about building my own stack for web dev
(I already use my own MVC framework and libs in PHP), but I'd really like to
move to something faster and more powerful. Java or ASP.NET are two obvious
choices, but I'm currently researching other alternatives (like D).

So first I was wondering if there has been any web development using D, and if
there are many (or any) libraries/frameworks/other resources already available
for this?

Second, from your own experience using D do think it would make a good or bad
choice for a web development language?