web development in D

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sun May 22 08:48:36 PDT 2011

On Sat, 21 May 2011 19:18:39 +0300, Adam D. Ruppe
<destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:

> (You'll find a lot of people complaining on the internet that
> CGI is slow, but check the date on those articles and see if they
> are using Perl or native compiled binaries.
>
> Usually they are very old and using an interpreter - that's why
> it is slow. A native binary over cgi is quite fast.)

Regular CGI still has the overhead of starting a new process for every
request. PHP without CGI is likely to be faster than D with CGI.

OP is looking for best performance, so CGI is not a good recommendation -
FastCGI/webserver module/built-in webserver are the way to go.

I've had great experience with using an HTML/jQuery frontend with a D
backend (built-in HTTP server which only serves static files and AJAX
requests).

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net