web development in D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun May 22 11:11:37 PDT 2011

> I've never done any CGI stuff before, but can't you employ some kind
> of messaging mechanism with an already running process?

Yes. I find it's quite useful when you want instant notifications
on something, like a web chat application, but it could do some
speed boosts too.

I'm working on a post showing some of my benchmarks too on built-in
vs cgi. Some of them are over 20x faster with a built in webserver!
(I wonder if this is cgi's fault or if Apache is just not optimized
for it... I'm changing the i/o code too so we can make sure it's
not just stdio being slow.)