web development in D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun May 22 20:08:31 PDT 2011

Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> Have you heard about NodeJS?

Yeah. It's actually not too much different than the way my network
manager code works in D (which the embedded http server is made on)
although their implementation is much better than mine - I just use
select() in the event loop.

The key to using it is to always return from your function as soon
as possible. It will then add to your buffer and call the function
again as new stuff comes in.

It actually works quite well for it's simplicity. The problem with
using it for the cgi apps is they aren't really written to work
in that style.