github: What to do when unittests fail?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue May 24 12:44:40 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-24 12:34, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> I think I know what happened. After I've pushed my first branch, I
> immediately created a second branch while I was still in the first
> branch.
>
> I think I should have switched to the main branch and then created the
> second branch.

When you create a branch, it's a copy of whatever branch you were on when you
created the copy. A branch doesn't have to come from master. So, if you
branched from a branch, then all of your changes from the first branch would
be in the second.

> Otherwise, these two changes were just sample code fixes which get
> displayed in the docs. I guess you could say they're related, and
> they're really small changes anyway.

Well, documentation fixes in general can probably be lumped together -
especially website documentation as opposed to ddoc - at least as long as
they're not major changes. If you're rewriting whole sections of
documentation, then you might want to do separate pull requests. But small
documentation fixes would probably be better put in a single change request to
avoid the administrative overhead of multiple pull requests. Where you really
get into issues with combining pull requests is when you combine completed
unrelated bug fixes, and it doesn't sound like you're doing that.

- Jonathan M Davis