github: What to do when unittests fail?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue May 24 15:45:37 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-24 13:58, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Well my editor automatically converts everything to unix LF when
> saving a file. I think this is the standard for Phobos and dpl.org
> libs, right? If not, I'll set the editor to just follow whatever line
> endings a file has.
>
> It also converts tabs to spaces as well. I think I did see some mixed
> use of tabs and spaces in some modules.

Everything is supposed to be using unix line endings, but that doesn't mean
that they all do - particularly if it's an older file which isn't edited very
often and the person who has generally edited uses Windows. So, it's possible
that the file you edited had Windows line endings. Changing it so that it has
unix line endings isn't a problem. The only possible issue is that that makes
it so that it's not as obvious what the changes you made are.

- Jonathan M Davis