Any application shutdown hooks?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 09:05:16 PDT 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011 11:52:14 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer
<schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 May 2011 11:35:51 -0400, Matthew Ong <ongbp at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/25/2011 11:13 PM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/class.html#StaticDestructor
>>>
>>> -Steve
>>
>> Static Destructor maybe executed when the class is being unloaded GC?
>> Because this is a class level. It is more like the application level
>> exit and such.
>
> This is *exactly* what static destructors do.
>
> "A static destructor gets called on program termination"
>
> Actually, that description is inaccurate for non-shared static dtors,
> someone should fix that.
>
>> That is not really the same as:
>> http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/Runtime.html#addShutdownHook%28java.lang.Thread%29
>
> If you want a static dtor that runs on every thread shutdown, use a
> normal static dtor.  If you want one that runs on the entire application
> shutdown, use a shared static dtor.

I should clarify that when I wrote this, I thought the description was
 from the module.html file, not the class.html file.  Ali pointed out the
bug in the web site.  So I didn't get why you were talking about classes,
sorry :)

Class and module static ctor/dtors should be exactly what you are looking
for.

-Steve