newbie windows setup help

Robert Smith rasmith2310 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 09:35:09 PDT 2011

I am attempting to compile a simple d source file using the
http://learn-programming.za.net/learn_d_programming.html site as a guide to
learning D programming.
dmd2 is installed in D:\D\dmd. When I attempt to compile I get the following
error:
D:\D\programs>dmd first.d
object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be read
import path[0] = D:\D\dmd\bin\..\..\src\phobos
import path[1] = D:\D\dmd\bin\..\..\src\druntime\import

contents of sc.ini:
[Version]
version=7.51 Build 020
[Environment]
LIB="%@P%\..\lib";\dm\lib
DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\..\src\phobos" "-I%@P%\..\..\src\druntime\import"
LINKCMD=%@P%\link.exe

I cannot install dmd to the C: drive. What is the significance of the line:
"DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\..\src\phobos"" since there is no "src" folder?

I really like what I have read about D and would like to learn the language.

Thanks for any help.

Bob Smith