Compiling 64-bit code under Windows 7?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon May 30 14:40:53 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-30 14:17, Sean Eskapp wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a very simple file, main.d:
>
> void main()
> {
> }
>
> Under Windows 7, 64-bit, with out-of-the-box DMD v2.053 installation. I get
> this, however:
>
> C:\Users\Me\devl\test>dmd -m64 main.d
> Internal error: msc.c 268

There is no 64-bit version of dmd on Windows - either for the binary itself or
for the code that it generates. On Windows, dmd only produces 32-bit binaries.
-m64 should probably be giving you an error message about being unsupported on
Windows rather than barfing during compilation, but regardless, it's
unsupported because it hasn't been implmented yet.

- Jonathan M Davis