nested comments

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon May 30 14:42:34 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-30 14:21, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> I use them when commenting out code or when writing documentation
> examples. (which may have comments nested inside the doc comment)
>
> Commenting out code is the purpose in general though.

Yeah, it's really annoying to comment out code with /* */ when it already
contains comments which used /* */. /+ +/ doesn't have that problem thanks to
the nesting, and it's fantastic. /++ +/ can be used for ddoc comments, but
beyond that, I don't generally use /+ +/ for actual comments. It's real
usefulness is in commenting out code.

- Jonathan M Davis