nested comments

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon May 30 18:00:37 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-30 17:43, bearophile wrote:
> Jesse Phillips:
> > The purpose is commenting out code, but note that there is also
> > version(none) { } which is never compiled in.
>
> version(none) {} is probably the official way to comment out code.
> And if you use a versioning system to keep your code, then commenting out
> code is not a so wise thing to do.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with commenting out code. I do it all the
time when working on code. It's extremely useful to do so. /+ +/ is
_extremely_ useful, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with using it. What
_is_ a bad idea is leaving in sections of commented out code when you check in
code.

- Jonathan M Davis