Is there a portable way to limit memory/cpu usage of a D application?

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 09:12:38 PST 2011

I would be satisfied with something like POSIX.1-2001 setrlimit() . Sure
nothing prevents me from using setrlimit() in my D app, but perhaps it is
something to think about a portable way of doing that.

One thing I like about my Java apps is that I can always specify (in the
argument list) how much memory I want to allocate for them). Yes, it is a
JVM specific thing, but perhaps a GC should have options to set at least the
memory limit?

Kind regards