AI Challenge - Ants

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Wed Nov 9 10:23:57 PST 2011

Am 09.11.2011, 18:52 Uhr, schrieb maarten van damme
<maartenvd1994 at gmail.com>:

> dmd: glue.c:719: virtual void FuncDeclaration::toObjFile(int):
> Assertion `!vthis->csym' failed.
>
> Not able to reduce the code that causes it as it compiles fine here and
> it
> takes 10 minutes to upload new code and let it compile/play.
>
> 2011/11/8 bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>
>
>> maarten van damme:
>>
>> > But I have also lost interest because of a couple of shortcommings,
>> the
>> > hell it is to debug that thing and when it finally compiles fine on 2
>> > machines it gives a cryptic error about glue.c (that had something to
>> do
>> > with rdmd)
>>
>> What is the message of this cryptic error, and are you able to reduce
>> the
>> code that causes it?
>>
>> Bye,
>> bearophile

Try compiling all *.d source files at once with DMD 2.054 (x86_64) and -O
-inline -release -noboundscheck, instead of using rdmd. That is basically
what the server does. You may have triggered an unresolved and strange
compiler bug unless this wouldn't happen with 2.056.