pass array of objects to spawn

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Nov 10 15:23:42 PST 2011

Timon Gehr:

> Interesting, apparently cast() does not remove shared.

The semantics of cast() was never formalized, I think. People use this idiom, so I think we have to formalize what cast() exactly does. This is meat for Bugzilla or even for discussion topic in the main D newsgroup.

Generally I don't love cast() a lot, despite it's handy, because it's under-specified, too much powerful, and too much generic (I prefer something like Deconst!(), Deshared!(), etc templates in Phobos, that do only one thing).

Bye,
bearophile