shared lib

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Nov 14 23:19:23 PST 2011

On 2011-11-14 19:05, Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> On 11/14/2011 10:31 AM, Jerry wrote:
>> The error looks like phobos wasn't build with
>> position-independent code.
>>
>> Jerry
>
> you know, I think you're right. I even wrote out the names of all those
> *.a files when I was building a gdc rpm. *slaps head*
>
> well, it doesn't matter now. I've gotten ldc to generate shared libs
> successfully. Now I just need to know how to start up druntime.
>
> any ideas?

core.runtime.Runtime.initialize

Not sure if that will initialize everything properly. Have a look in
rt.dmain2.main and make sure you do that same initialize the runtime.

It would be better if rt.dmain2.main would call rt.dmain2.rt_init
instead of do all the initialize directly in main.

--
/Jacob Carlborg