Queue thread

Kai Meyer kai at unixlords.com
Tue Nov 22 08:38:25 PST 2011

On 11/21/2011 11:27 AM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> How come you don't have any threads per CPU? I guess this is a
> difference between multi-processor and multi-core machines maybe?

I don't know, I'm not much of a hardware guy.

Here's the 8th CPU's entry from /proc/cpuinfo. This is a Dell Optiplex 980

processor	: 7
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 30
model name	: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         860  @ 2.80GHz
stepping	: 5
cpu MHz		: 1197.000
cache size	: 8192 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 8
core id		: 3
cpu cores	: 4
apicid		: 7
initial apicid	: 7
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 11
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp
lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc
aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr
pdcm sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm ida tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
bogomips	: 5585.03
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: