std.xml

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Nov 29 19:47:21 PST 2011

On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 03:42:33 bioinfornatics wrote:
> Le mardi 29 novembre 2011 à 18:10 -0500, Jonathan M Davis a écrit :
> > On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 23:47:33 bioinfornatics wrote:
> > > Dear
> > > I convert my lib tango/d1 to phobos/d2 so i need use std.xml but i
> > > have
> > > heard they are sometime ago std.xml will be updated. I do not want
> > > do
> > > twice time the works. So my question is: std.xml will be deprecated
> > > or
> > > not ?
> >
> > Yes. std.xml is definitely going to be replaced. Unfortunately, the
> > replacement isn't done yet and has no ETA that I'm aware of.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> no ETA erf, how i do ?
>
> at least can i know if std.xml will be replaced by xmlp ?

You can't know. The current std.xml _will_ be replaced. It is considered to be
of unacceptably low quality. xmlp is the likely candidate to replace it, but
it must be completed and go through Phobos' review process before it can be
added to Phobos. And even if it does pass that review, it's likely to undergo
a number of changes in the process. It's not possible to use any xml module at
this point with the idea that it will be definitively adopted as D's standard
xml module without breaking your code. The current std.xml is going to be
removed, but what exactly is going to replace it is not yet known.

- Jonathan M Davis