D and Programming Theory (Suggestions?)

Justin Whear justin at economicmodeling.com
Wed Oct 12 14:24:37 PDT 2011

Here's a classic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structure_and_Interpretation_of_Computer_Programs

A video series by the authors (from the 80s I believe) was recently made
freely available and I found it really fascinating though I was already
familiar with the content. Highly recommended:
http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.001/abelson-sussman-lectures/

The use of Lisp might be turn-off for you, but pretty much everything is of
use in making you a better programmer. Also, some of the later videos get
into issues like compilation, register machines, etc. which will give you
some insight into how programming languages make computers work.

Justin