Unable to get Phobos working on Ubuntu x64 (Oneiric)

Matt Soucy msoucy at csh.rit.edu
Fri Oct 14 14:17:22 PDT 2011

I know this is slightly old, but I didn't see a solution - I decided, in a fit of
madness, to attempt a Day 1 upgrade from Natty to Oneiric. It...didn't exactly
work, and I ended up with this same problem.
It's apparently not a problem with x64, since I'm using x86 Ubuntu. (I grabbed the
wrong disk before I installed...)
I somehow have/had (I downgraded so I could work properly again) a /usr/lib64
folder. I'm not exactly an expert in Linux filesystems, or even anywhere near
close, but it seems that I shouldn't have had that on a x86 install. I had the
files librt.a and librt.so in there, but even desperately symlinking them into the
proper location didn't help.
This problem is rather irritating - has anyone upgraded successfully, and actually
had it work? I would definitely like to upgrade to 11.10, but I don't want to have
to halt all code development when I do.
Thank you,
-Matt Soucy