Implementing iterators for D custom data structures (best practices)

Granville Barnett granville at gbarnett.org
Sun Oct 16 19:22:42 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I've not used D for long so hopefully this question isn't too stupid...

Are there any best practices for implementing iterators in D? My
understanding is that D follows a similar design approach to the STL RE
containers - iterators - algs - adapters etc.

Also, are there any examples of well written data structures that expose
iterators?...I recall that in D only arrays have them (I may be wrong, I
haven't looked). Any open source projects that are notoriously well
implemented?

Thanks in advance.

GB