How convice people that D it's wonderfull in a hour ?

Granville Barnett granville at gbarnett.org
Sun Oct 16 21:00:03 PDT 2011

On 09/10/2011 18:00, Zardoz wrote:
> Recently I've been asked if I could give a speech about D in my university. It
> will be of one hour of long.
> I not respond yet, but I think that I will do it. Actually I have the problem
> that I don't know well how explain well too many features and things of D that
> I like. I think that only talking about D's arrays and type system I will need
> around half-hour.
> Any recommendation of how I should focus it ?

For me the selling points of D are as follows:

- encourages what all good programmer do today but with the assistance
of libraries, i.e. D provides unit testing and contracts that are
actually part of the language...now there's no excuse
- sanitized templates
- "there if you want it" philosophy: you can use D to access the guts if
you want to but in a way that is far more powerful than that offered by
the likes of Java, C# etc (languages that your colleagues may well use
very often)

HTH

GB