An old topic (pun intended)

Alex Rønne Petersen xtzgzorex at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:35:18 PDT 2011

On 17-10-2011 02:43, bearophile wrote:
> Timon Gehr:
>
>> Eiffel does not do that either.
>> (even though it _does_ have a built in deep copy feature)
>>
>> We don't have to over-engineer the feature, if somebody needs to
>> deep-copy an object they can implement it themselves and use
>> old(obj.deepCopy()).
>
> I agree. A shallow prestate is quite better than not having it at all in D.
>
> Lately C# has implemented DbC, prestate too. I don't know how, but it's worth taking a look.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Just for the record, the documentation is at:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/2/7/C2715F76-F56C-4D37-9231-EF8076B7EC13/userdoc.pdf

I agree that having old would be great, even if without deep copying
(which is probably a terrible idea anyway). Also note that C# doesn't do
deep copying here.

- Alex