linker errors after upgrade to Ubuntu 11.10

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+d at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 20:45:14 PDT 2011

Ubuntu made some changes to the linker. See if this information helps and
report back. This is from a post in digitalmars.D

"Changes to gcc or ld in Ubuntu 11.10 require a small addition to prevent
linker errors referencing librt. "-L-lphobos2" needs to be added to DFLAGS
before "-L-lrt". I spent a long time trying to figure the problem out
before I realized that gcc was tacking on a -lphobos2 to the END of the
command (after the -lrt flag).

"This page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyNarwhal/ToolchainTransition may
explain the behavior, I'm not sure." Justin Whear