FIFO stack

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Oct 26 02:15:32 PDT 2011

On Wednesday, October 26, 2011 08:58:12 Dominic Jones wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was looking for a FIFO stack in std.containers but only found SList
> and Array which both appear to essentially operate as LIFO stacks. Is
> there any standard container with which I can push items on to a list,
> then later pop them off from the bottom of that list? If so, then how?

Nope. std.container is far from complete at the moment. It will eventually
have all of the sundry containers that you'd expect in a standard library, but
they haven't all been implemented yet, primarily because the custom allocator
scheme that Phobos will be using hasn't been completely sorted out yet, and
Andrei Alexandrescu (who is the primary designer and implementor of
std.container) doesn't want to write them all and then have to go and change
them all to be able to use custom allocators.

In the meantime, you can take a look at
http://dsource.org/projects/dcollections

- Jonathan M Davis