d2 file input performance

Christian Köstlin christian.koestlin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 10:00:44 PDT 2011

On 9/1/11 7:24 , David Nadlinger wrote:
> On 9/1/11 7:12 AM, Christian Köstlin wrote:
>> Update:
>>
>> I added performance tests for ldc and gdc with the same programs.
>> The results are interesting (please see the github page for the details).
>
> Oh wow, LDC must accidentally call some druntime functions for the
> ubyte[1] case, or something similar, could you please file a ticket at
> http://dsource.org/projects/ldc/newticket?
>
> Thanks,
> David
hi david,

i am not sure what i have to do to open a ticket, i suppose that i
should get an trac account and so on. but what would be the description.
i suppose the time for this particular tests is quite strange and out of
bounds :)

right now my tests show, that lcd seems to be faster than dmd and slower
than gdc in most cases. even my c++ program runs slower compiled with
llvm-c++.

perhaps you could open the bug report? feel free to point to the github
repository or take the source and put it into the bugreport.

thanks for your feedback

christian