Any WinAPI experts here?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 13:10:05 PDT 2011

This is breaking my neck right now. I have two separate windows,
window #2 hides and then shows window #1 whenever it detects the mouse
has moved in window #2. So, if the mouse stops moving, it should stop
doing that.

But instead what I get is an infinite loop. Somehow, the hiding and
showing of window #1 ends up triggering the WM_MOUSEMOVE message for
window #2. Here's the code:

http://codepad.org/U956e2u6

The idea of using mosemove to hide/show a window is from an attempt to
simulate menus in some other code, but anyway I can't figure out why
MOSEMOVE is retriggered for window #2 all the time even if the mouse
is stationary. If you comment out either of the ShowWindow() calls,
there will be no infinite loop.

I'm hoping someone here has better knowledge than me about WinAPI
before I reach for MSDN forums.