Doesn't std.signal completely miss the point?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:00:23 PDT 2011

On 9/5/11, Johannes Pfau <spam at example.com> wrote:
> You're talking about phobos std.signals, not my implementation, right?

Yes.

On 9/5/11, Johannes Pfau <spam at example.com> wrote:
> However, I think it's useless as long as it can't be used by multiple
> threads. But when I wanted to add 'shared' support to it, I always hit
> a dead end, a bug, something not working, so in the end I gave up.

I'm not really sure how multithreading should work with signals (well
I'm just too new to multithreading anyways). Some people have
mentioned that DFL is thread-friendly, but I'm not seeing any
synchronization in its Event type, whereas DGUI has a synchronized()
block around the code that invokes signal handlers.

Why must they be @safe?