D on other platforms than Win,Lin,Mac?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Sep 6 11:51:26 PDT 2011

"Trass3r" <un at known.com> wrote in message news:op.v1edf3bj3ncmek at enigma...
>> I've heard that our company is considering the T20 from Toradex.com for
>> a new project with remote hardware. The platform runs on Nvidia Tegra
>> and Linux.
>>
>> Since I have been very impressed by the D programming language, for some
>> years now, could it be possible to use D in such projects?
>
> You'd have to use gdc or ldc and patch at least druntime.
> Some people already managed to get stuff running on ARM but it's tricky.
> I think the GC is problematic, thus you also have to avoid most of phobos.

For a language that aims at C/C++'s domain, it's extremely depressing that
this is still the case. I *really* think this needs to be one of D's top
priorities at this point. I honestly see it as D's #1 biggest glaring hole
ATM (Honestly, I've always cared about embedded/non-x86 processors *far*
more than the native 64-bit support that got enormous attention awhile
back). 'Course I'm kinda just blowing smoke out my ass since I unfortunately
have neither the time nor ability to help tackle this goal :(