Assertion failure: '!vthis->csym' on line 713 in file 'glue.c

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Sep 6 20:07:53 PDT 2011

On Wednesday, September 07, 2011 12:00:04 azurenote wrote:
> Hi there, please look at this. This code occur "Assertion failure:
> '!vthis->csym' on line 713 in file 'glue.c":
[snip]
> I cannot understand error message..

It's a compiler bug. You should never see an Assertion failure when compiling
code. It seems to work with the latest code from git though, so presumably
it's been fixed. I expect that it will work with the current beta (and thus the
next release).

> ps> There are not enough examples for std.container :(

Probably true. However, it's also going to get a bit of an overhaul, since
it's going to get support for custom allocators (which is actually the primary
reason that it doesn't have more in it right now). Also, Array and SList still
need to be changed to final classes (RedBlackTree was already switched over).
So, while the basic API will should stay essentially the same, there are
definitely changes to it which are going to happen in the near future.
Hopefully, improved examples will be part of that.

- Jonathan M Davis