std.datetime impenetrable

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Thu Sep 15 10:48:51 PDT 2011

Looking at the documentation makes my head hurt, especially if I have consumed
some beer, when I am not pure and immutable.

Can anyone help me to understand how to determine what timezone the user has
selected to be his/hers.

Alternatively, let me explain my desire. When my program first runs, I want to
hazard a guess as to what size of paper the user is likely to use - US Letter
Size, or A4/inches or metric. GTK does not seem to want to tell me about the
default printer settings - could be the beer of course.

The timezone might allow me to bracket the USA, Canada, and Mexico though of
course then the poor sods in South America and the Philippines and so on would
be SOL.

Anyway, how would you do it?

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz Steve