WinRT

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Sep 29 14:55:55 PDT 2011

"RenatoL" <renato at relhost.net> wrote in message
news:j62nl3$21g5$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Hi all. What do you about WinRT? I think this new APIs could be a
> very interesting point for D... they are open to any language and
> i think that D is perfect to work with them. What's your opinion?
> Best regards

Hmm, this is the first I've heard of it. Looking at the wikipedia page and
winsupersite article, I can imagine it being either very good or irritating
and patronizing. Hard to say. But after seeing the Win8 UI videos (and after
using both Vista and Win7) I find it very difficult to get excited about
anything in Win8.

Ouch, I just saw this bit at the end of Paul Thurrott's winsupersite
article:

"Virtually all of the Microsoft WinRT apps--Mail, Calendar, People, Chat,
and so on--are all written in HTML and JavaScript"

Apparently all the grown-ups have left Microsoft. Fuck that shit. I'm not
touching Win8 with the proverbial ten foot poll.