WinRT

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Sep 30 03:58:21 PDT 2011

On 2011-09-29 21:23:48 +0000, RenatoL <renato at relhost.net> said:

> Hi all. What do you about WinRT? I think this new APIs could be a
> very interesting point for D... they are open to any language and
> i think that D is perfect to work with them. What's your opinion?
> Best regards

>From what I understand, WinRT is based on COM. D already supports COM,
so it might already be doable by declaring the right interfaces as
derivatives of IUnknown.

I suggest you give it a try.

That said, the automatic reference counting they added to WinRT types
in Visual C++ won't be available without compiler support (but you can
do it manually), and neither will the compiler-generated reflection
data (you'll have to generate it yourself).

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/