how do I use newsgroup server?

%u yoyo at yo.com
Fri Sep 30 13:52:12 PDT 2011

== Quote from Nick Sabalausky (a at a.a)'s article
> > I guess I don't know how to setup my outlook client to use the
news
> > link?  When I click the news link.  Nothing happens.
> I don't have access to a Win7 machine ATM, but on both XP and
Vista, you can
> do:
> Tools -> Accounts. There will be a button for "Add". Click that
and then you
> can choose "News". And just fill in all the info. The (NNTP)
server is
> "news.digitalmars.com", and it doesn't take a login.
> Then you should see the news server in the big tree on the left
side of the
> main window. You can choose which groups to subscribe to
(digitalmars.D,
> digitalmars.D.learn, etc.). When you're subscribes to one, you
can go to it
> and click the "Headers" button to check for messages (at least
that's what
> it is in on XP). Downloading the headers might take awhile the
first time.

Directions look very promising.  My outlook complains about
"problem connecting to the server".  So, when I tried to ping the
ip address of news.digitalmars.com, all requests time out.

So is it just that the server is down?

by the way, thanks for helping me out!!