parallel unzip in progress

Jay Norwood jayn at prismnet.com
Wed Apr 4 12:41:19 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 4 April 2012 at 07:39:56 UTC, Jay Norwood wrote:
> On Wednesday, 4 April 2012 at 07:25:25 UTC, dennis luehring

I decided to try the option where the data is stored in the zip
file uncompressed.  Since the folder is just over 2GB, I ran into
the stdio File problems with being unable to properly return the
size of the file.

I see bugs on this posted that go back a few years.  Kind of
basic problems.

The work-around was to convert all the file operations to use
std.stream equivalents, and that worked well, but I see i the bug
reports that even that was only working correctly on windows.  So
I'm on windows, and ok for me, but it would be too bad to limit
use to Windows.

Seems like stdio runtime support for File operations above 2GB
would be a basic expectation for a "system" language these days.