Up to date documentation on D implementation.

ReneSac reneduani at yahoo.com.br
Thu Apr 5 14:10:40 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 5 April 2012 at 18:34:05 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:

> You'll be pretty safe using features you know for C, but you
> can venture out pretty far from it.
>
> While, the page isn't specific to the questions you have at
> hand, this does cover much of the current state. Remember,
> recently implemented features are more likely to have bugs.

I will probably program close to C/Lua style (the languages I'm
most proficient with), but "pretty far" is vague. And I haven't
been following the time line of the feature additions, like old
users do, and I'm not sure if I should read the entire changelog
for some vague indication of the stability of a feature...

> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel

Ok, that page gives some pointers. Seems like I shouldn't use
std.stream. So, std.cstream or std.stdio are safe?

Dynamic Arrays, Slicing, Unittest, conditional compilation and
compile time function execution should be working well, right?
What about std.paralelism and message passing, non-shared
multithreading?

And I still don't know how to generate windows executables.. If
it is really impossible to compile D in Windows 64 bits, then
what is the best compiler for Linux?