Up to date documentation on D implementation.

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Apr 5 16:15:03 PDT 2012

On Friday, April 06, 2012 00:07:03 Jesse Phillips wrote:
> Hmm, bring up a good point, I think someone is working on
> revamping stdio, though I would think it would mostly remain
> compatible. Who's doing that? Could you write the details here:

It's Steven Schveighoffer, but it's far from ready, since he hasn't had a lot
of time to work on it of late. He put up an initial version for feedback a few
weeks back, and one of the main points of feedback (which Walter felt very
strongly about) was that it needed to be compatible with the current std.stdio
rather than having a whole new API, so while it may do new stuff and have a
better implementation, most (all?) of the stuff using the current std.stdio
will continue to work with the new one whenever it's finished.

- Jonathan M Davis