D slower ~1s from C ?!

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Apr 6 00:44:44 PDT 2012

On Friday, April 06, 2012 09:34:10 Minas wrote:
> Thank you, that made it run 300ms faster than the C version!
> Could this be a bug in dmd that I should report?

A bug? I don't think so. Something that the optimizer could do better?
Absolutely. The code is perfectly correct. It's just that the optimizer
doesn't do as good a job here as we'd like.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to submit an enhancement request with the two
versions of the code and an explanation of why you expect the optimizer to
make the first one as fast as the second.

- Jonathan M Davis