Win GUI Single Exe - Newbie

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Apr 8 03:26:10 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-07 23:34, vmars316 wrote:
> On Saturday, 7 April 2012 at 12:25:27 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2012-04-06 17:37, Jesse Phillips wrote:
>
>> Building stand alone executables with DWT works great. DWT doesn't
>> depend on any third party libraries, only on the system libraries.
>
> I downloaded and installed dinstaller.exe using this HowTo:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSugYSC5hrE&feature=related
> What would I need to have installed to run DWT?

1. Clone this git repository: https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt
2. Pull down the submodules "base" and "org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86"
by running:

$ git submodule init
$ git submodule update

3. Build the library by running:

$ rake base swt

Ruby and rake is needed for the above command. Or the source code can be
used directly. Both "base" and "swt" is needed.

These import libraries are also needed (for some things):

> How about VisualD, is it any good?
> Any recommends would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks...vmars

I've heard it's good, but I haven't used it myself.

--
/Jacob Carlborg