DMD/Windows: Inspect generated ASM?

Stefan stefan at schuerger.com
Sun Apr 8 15:52:30 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 8 April 2012 at 15:43:23 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> I'd like that. This seems a nice enhancement request for you to
> add in Bugzilla.

Yup, sometimes you want to look "under the hood" of the compiler
to tweak things a little. Or just to understand how a 64bit
multiplication works on a IA32 machine :-)

I wonder, though, if the dmd backend has a "real" ASM stage, or
if some intermediate code is directly translated into an opcode
stream (like the RTL stuff in the GCC backend).

Cheers,
Stefan